Sustainability is not just a buzzword; it is a way of life. And as the events industries continue to grow, it is more important than ever to make sustainability a priority. But what does sustainability mean in the context of the event industry? And more importantly, what can you do to make your events more sustainable? In this post, we will explore some of the most common sustainability initiatives in the events industry and provide tips on how you can adopt them into your work.
How to get started with sustainable events
The great thing about sustainability is that it's a versatile concept that can be adapted to fit any industry event or project. Whether you're just getting started or looking for ways to take your sustainability efforts to the next level, we've got some tips to share.
The first step is to make sure you have a clear understanding of what sustainability means and what your organisation's goals are. Once you have a solid foundation, you can start looking for specific ways to incorporate sustainable practices into your event planning.
There are lots of easy ways to make your events more sustainable. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use recycled materials whenever possible
- Choose biodegradable or compostable materials over plastic and Styrofoam
- Choose energy-efficient lightbulbs and appliances
- Use plant-based materials instead of synthetic materials
- Make sure all event waste is properly recycled or composted
What are some challenges of sustainable events?
One of the biggest challenges when it comes to sustainable events styling and design is making the switch to more environmentally friendly and sustainable products. Often the cheaper and more readily available options are not the most sustainable, so it can be tricky to find a happy medium.
Another challenge is making sure that all aspects of the events are considered in terms of sustainability. From sourcing materials and products to creating waste management plans, it can be a lot of work, but it's worth it in the long run.
At Valiant, we're committed to sustainability and work hard to ensure that all our events projects are as eco-friendly as possible. If you're interested in learning more about our sustainable approach, get in touch with us today.
Sustainability is becoming an increasingly important consideration for businesses and event managers alike. Making a few simple changes to your event planning and styling can help reduce your carbon footprint and conserve resources. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Use furniture and decor that can be reused or recycled, such as Valiant’s wide range of hire furniture.
- Opt for paperless event planning wherever possible.
- Minimize waste by recycling and composting catering waste.
- Use LED lights and low-energy appliances where possible.
- Make use of natural light and ventilation whenever possible.
- Plan events that are as sustainable as possible by engaging other like-minded businesses in your planning and execution.